Autumn Wreaths With Dried Hydrangea Flowers

$5

When I harvested the Hydrangeas for these Autumn wreaths, I tried to pick blooms which were roughly the same size although, separating the larger blooms a little, to make them smaller would also work.

When cutting the dried blooms, make sure to leave about 10cm to 15cm of the stems attached because these are what we will use to tie the Hydrangea blooms to the straw wreath.

See more home decor posts by visiting my blog chalkingupsuccess.com through the link at the end of this post.

Attach florist's wire

First, wrap the florist wire around the straw wreath and twist the ends together to secure it in place.

Tie Hydrangea blooms to wreath

Collect a small bundle of Hydrangea flowers and start tying them to the straw wreath. I cover the whole of the wreath with one bundle.

Work you way around the wreath

Continue to cover the straw wreath working around the circle, overlapping the flowers slightly until the wreath is completely covered.

Add some ribbon

Add some ribbon for hanging and your Autumn Wreath is finished!

Finished!

I used contrasting ribbons to decorate the Hydrangea wreath and tied it to my front door.

WAIT!

Before you go, if you’re not part of our amazing creative community yet but would love to join us, I would love to have you stop by my blog Chalking Up Success for the full tutorial or to sign up for my latest posts, DIY, inspiring home decor, natural home recipes and more.

FREE RESOURCES

By signing up, you’ll also receive a copy of the free ‘Furniture Flip Checklist’ and gain access to all the other printables, e-books and labels in the VIP Resource Library.

CHALKING UP SUCCESS ON YOUTUBE

Subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more DIY, home decor and crafts - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4uyVGrJxoo8-7qlAg5_x-g?sub_confirmation=1 I can't wait to see you there!

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Chalking Up Success

• RJ
    RJ

Great idea! Wondering-Do the dried flowers fall apart when hanging or is there a method to ensuring limited drop off.