Asked on Sep 3, 2020

I have 3 windows and 1 door should sheers all hang at same height?

BetsyChloe CrabtreeDeb K
+19

Just moved into a new home and in the living/dining/kitchen I have 3 windows and 1 door. All of the windows are the same height but one is bigger. The door is much lower than the windows. I am adding curtain rods to hang sheers. Should the door rod be the same height as the windows? Any suggestions appreciated.

• Yes I would keep them all the same height

• Redcatcec

Hi Clare,

I am a bit confused. You have 3 windows the same height, yet the door is much lower than the windows. How are you planning to make the rod from the door the same height as the windows? Having a problem with visualizing how you'd make the door rod work at the same height as the windows. Is the door frame the same height as the windows with glass above it and next to it as panels?, That is the only way I can imagine what you have?

I would hang the window shears at the same height...leave the door until you can clear up this mystery.

Maybe another Hometalker will have a more in-depth understanding of what you are sharing as your problem.

• Cheryl A

I hang my rods higher than the window frames to give it a taller appearance. The door sheer should not hang to the floor like window sheers since it can get caught in the door. I would think of using a fabric shade or fabric curtain for the door ~https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-hang-curtains-227318

• Kathy Gunter Law

I would hang them same height if they are in the same line of sight.

• Mogie

Agree with Kathy hang them at the same height. They look more balanced or intentional that way and not like a last minute idea to stick something on the wall.

• You could hang the rods at ceiling height to create the illusion of a higher ceiling and a dramatic effect.

• Clare Howell

The rods over the windows are almost at ceiling height already. Thanks for your reply.

• Cynthia H

I hang mine at the same height in a room. Then, for a door window I have the curtain just long enough to cover the window. I hang the curtain rod just above the frame for the glass. Good luck and stay safe!

• Deb K

Hi Clare, no, I would not make the height of the door one the same, for the 3 windows yes, but not for the door, it will give it a natural look with the door rod at the proper door height, and it is a door, so it should have its own look.

• Chloe Crabtree

I would hang them all at the same height. The higher they are hung the taller the door will look.

Hi Clare: I'd hang the door rod at the height it looks best on the door. It would, most likely, be lower, and that's just fine. Good luck

I'm sure it will look great :)