Sweater Sleeve Pumpkins

$1

Don't take those sweaters to the thrift store! Turn them into adorable pumpkins in just minutes! This project is fun, easy, affordable and highly addicting! You can create an entire pumpkin patch for very little money!

Hi, I'm Cindy, a home decor, DIY and crafts blogger. I'm passionate about creating a beautiful home for as little money as possible! You can find hundreds of projects on my blog, DIY Beautify. I hope I inspire you

I LOVE making pumpkins! You may also be interested in my tutorials for drop cloth pumpkins, dollar store antiqued pumpkins and easy 2x4 porch pumpkins.

Gather your supplies

You'll need very basic supplies:

• old sweater sleeves
  • a bag of dried beans
  • 2 rubber bands per pumpkin
  • fiberfill stuffing
  • jute twine
  • scissors
  • craft felt (optional)
  • hot glue (optional)

If you want to make leaves for your pumpkins, you'll also need craft felt and a hot glue gun.

Cut sleeves from old sweaters

You simply cut the sleeves off, each sleeve will make one pumpkin. Turn sleeve inside out, and tie one end tightly with a rubber band. Turn right side out. Then you'll fill with dried beans and stuffing and tie off the top with another rubber band.

Make pumpkin stem

Create a bendable stem by wrapping jute cord tightly around the rubber band and continuing it up around the end of the sleeve. Cutting some of the bulk from the sleeve first will be helpful.

Bonus steps

To make your pumpkins even cuter, use yarn to create segments! This adds a lifelike look and helps the pumpkins to sit better, but it's totally optional! You can also cut out leaves from felt and glue them to the base of your stem.

For the full tutorial, tips for success and step by step directions, please visit my blog at the link below.

21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
CINDY DIY Beautify

• Debbie H

These are so stinking cute. What a great idea thanks for sharing it with all of us🎃😄👎

• Laura

You inspired me! It is rather addictive!

Thanks for posting!