Peekaboo Cabinets to Hidden Storage

$25

We have recently sold our house and moved into a motorhome while we figure out where we will be living. Of course I can’t sit still too long in there a few things that were bothering me. First was the previous owners remodeled the RV and made one of the couch areas into dog kennels. I am sure it worked great for them and their three dogs but we do not have any animals at this time, the exact reason why we felt it would be a good time to stay in an RV. So the simple solution to spruce it up a little bit and it was super easy. Probably be done with any cabinet that was exposed to the items inside.

Cabinets are large and can store alot

Open slats for puppies

My next project will be to put cabinet shelves in it so I don’t have to stack everything but for now I just wanted to cover all my stuff.

I went down and bought a roll of burlap at the hobby lobby

It also gives me a large desk area

I went down and bought a roll of burlap at the hobby lobby. Pulled out my glue gun and my staple gun and went to work..

Measuring canvas

I measured the height and the width of the back of the door. Making sure to make it a little bit bigger so I can fold it under and keep the burlap from fraying.

This step super easy other than my multiple burns!

I literally was just hot glue gun the underside and then staple it into place stretching it across and then hot glue gun it and staple it into place. I figured gluing it and stapling it was less likely to push through the slats and look tacky in a couple months

Finished burlap

Nice flush canvas

Once I finish the burlap I couldn’t stand the bright brass knobs. I started googling ways to age them and at least not stand out like a sore thumb.

Trying to age knobs

Soaking knobs

I soap the knobs in vinegar for a day I’ll need to take them out and find that it hadn’t even penetrated the finish. So I figured that vinegar would help a little bit of opening the pores For paint so I went a different route.

I finally just dipped them in an enamel paint

Dunking knobs

I finally just dipped them in an enamel paint, I didn’t have spray paint handy and didn’t want to run to hardware store. I thought this was more of a charcoal blue and it would look fine. I dipped them and let them dry for 24 hours they turned out pretty darn good and I can’t wait to do all the knobs in the RV as they’re all bright brass. And there is like 100!

Once knobs dried I put them back on

Finished redo

Once the knobs dried I put them back on. I think it works perfect and I can’t wait to finish up the rest of the RV.

I love how it turned out

No more peekaboo cabinets

I love how it turned out, did you have to replace the cabinet doors I literally just made do with what I had and it actually gives them a little more character. I will redo all the knobs in the coach when I get a chance. if I ever decide to get three dogs I can always take the burlap off and house my dogs. I hope you like it simple simple simple fix. Me know what you think. Thank you

15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend

• Nancy Jackson Kilgour

It must b3 a lovely trailer. When I read trailer and 3 dogs??? I was thinking huh? But that original piece looked nice..you just made it different and cozier, neater looking. Great job!