Mandala Stenciled IKEA Round Coffee Table

$20

OOOOHHHMMMM... are you feeling the zen? When I saw this round coffee table I saw one of my mandala stencils right in the center for a zen like design.

Take 1 round black IKEA coffee table

Step one is always to clean the furniture piece well then sand the edges and add wood filler to any areas needing it

Add a fresh coat of black paint

Fusion Mineral Paint in coal black was brushed on in the direction of the wood grain using my Cling On short brush. Using a mister bottle helps keep the paint moving well when needed.

One coat was all that was needed to fresh up the paint.

Stencil on a beautiful mandala stencil

Now for the fun part, the mandala stencil. My favorite is this  prosperity mandala stencil from Cutting Edge. It comes in a variety of sizes to fit every project. This one is 24". I have used  prosperity mandala on these other projects including the largest size on my deck to create a mandala rug that has been a top project on my blog.

And your room has some amazing zen presence
I am also a fan of  Cutting Edge Stencil Tools Kit too. Here are other  Cutting Edge stencil projects.

I used a subtle metallic brown colored metallic paint to compliment the black.

Top View

The metallic paint needed a sealer so the entire top was clear poly coated with a damp sponge and 4 coats of clear poly. 

There is a full detailed tutorial of this project linked at the bottom of this post which also had loads of videos.

Ready to serve

This super sized coffee table has a lower shelf for storage and loads of eye appeal.

15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Creative Moments