How I Built a Gallery Wall Above My New Desk

$1

Hello from my office!

After we built the new desk (details on my blog), I wanted to decorate my work area and make it pretty to look at. We are still unpacking so I had to go search up my gold frames because that's what I knew I wanted to use. They were in two separate places, but I found them!

That wall is a blank canvas! Lets get started!

The following photos show you how I placed each mirror and frame to create my gallery wall. Its probably more than you need to see, but it gives you the idea of how I placed each piece.

LAYOUT

When creating a gallery wall, I like to start with my largest pieces and work down to the smaller ones. Obviously you aren't going to have the same items I do, so just place yours like you think they look nice to YOU.

What I used:

Gallery Wall pieces

Hammer

Nails

STEP 1: Before I started, I laid my frames on the floor and arranged them how I liked them, snapped a picture on my phone and then transferred the design to the wall.

CREATE A BORDER

STEP 2: I used the width of my desk for my border line and tried not to go past that.

CREATE YOUR COLLAGE

STEP 3: Keep adding your pieces until you fill the border space you've allowed.

DECORATE YOUR SPACE

STEP 4: Decorate the remainder of your space if needed. In this case, I decorated my desk top with a few items I love!

There is no wrong or right way to create a gallery wall. These are items you love and put together and want to display in YOUR home. Have fun with it!

Thanks for looking! :)

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
DeeDee

• Sharon
    Sharon

I love your gallery wall! How did you attach your pictures to the wall?

Thanks

• DeeDee
      DeeDee

Hi Sharon! Thank you so much! I used small nails. :)

• Kyra F. Mello
    Kyra F. Mello

Love it! Well done! Thanks for sharing. I’ve been wanting to do this for awhile but just cant find the right wall.

p s where did you get your desk?

• DeeDee
      DeeDee

Hi Kyra! Thank you so much! I got my desk on Amazon and if you'll click over to my blog (look above for the blue GO button) there is a direct link for it there. They have several different ones to choose from. AWESOME desk! :)

• Jeanna Patterson
    Jeanna Patterson

I did the same thing in my Hall Wall above a drop leaf table, 3 months ago. It's my tribute to God, my Creator.

• DeeDee
      DeeDee

Hi Jeanna! That's awesome, thank you so much for sharing it! :)

• Shannon Stordock Hecht
    Shannon Stordock Hecht

I would have moved the largest vertical mirror off center to the right. Since it is centered on the desk it draws your eye to that spot and you tend to not see the rest of the lovely pieces. Then move all the other frames to the right, further away from the lamp and away from the left edge of of the desk. Asymmetry is more appealing to the eye and it can increase the dramatic design statement. The long narrow frame is too close to the vertical mirror when looking at the design as a whole so I would make sure you keep it spaced. As an old picture framer and gallery hanger, I'm still inclined to try to fix things! I was doing these photo walls almost 60 years ago, long before they became so popular. I never had empty walls!