How I Built a Gallery Wall Above My New Desk

$1

Hello from my office!

After we built the new desk (details on my blog), I wanted to decorate my work area and make it pretty to look at. We are still unpacking so I had to go search up my gold frames because that's what I knew I wanted to use. They were in two separate places, but I found them!

That wall is a blank canvas! Lets get started!

The following photos show you how I placed each mirror and frame to create my gallery wall. Its probably more than you need to see, but it gives you the idea of how I placed each piece.

LAYOUT

When creating a gallery wall, I like to start with my largest pieces and work down to the smaller ones. Obviously you aren't going to have the same items I do, so just place yours like you think they look nice to YOU.

What I used:

Gallery Wall pieces

Hammer

Nails

STEP 1: Before I started, I laid my frames on the floor and arranged them how I liked them, snapped a picture on my phone and then transferred the design to the wall.

CREATE A BORDER

STEP 2: I used the width of my desk for my border line and tried not to go past that.

CREATE YOUR COLLAGE

STEP 3: Keep adding your pieces until you fill the border space you've allowed.

DECORATE YOUR SPACE

STEP 4: Decorate the remainder of your space if needed. In this case, I decorated my desk top with a few items I love!

There is no wrong or right way to create a gallery wall. These are items you love and put together and want to display in YOUR home. Have fun with it!

Thanks for looking! :)

Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
DeeDee

• Sharon

I love your gallery wall! How did you attach your pictures to the wall?

Thanks

• DeeDee

Hi Sharon! Thank you so much! I used small nails. :)

• Kyra F. Mello

Love it! Well done! Thanks for sharing. I’ve been wanting to do this for awhile but just cant find the right wall.

p s where did you get your desk?

• DeeDee

Hi Kyra! Thank you so much! I got my desk on Amazon and if you'll click over to my blog (look above for the blue GO button) there is a direct link for it there. They have several different ones to choose from. AWESOME desk! :)

• Sue

Very pretty!

• Jeanna Patterson

I did the same thing in my Hall Wall above a drop leaf table, 3 months ago. It's my tribute to God, my Creator.

• DeeDee

Hi Jeanna! That's awesome, thank you so much for sharing it! :)