Patio Planter With Table

$10

This little table lost it's legs many years ago. It fit perfectly for a bedside table in my bedroom. In a quick repair mode when the legs broke, I bolted an old book where the legs were. Hey, it worked out really great, if I say so myself! It's lasted about 10 yrs. and would still be there if I hadn't come across a replacement in my Treasure Hunting.I still didn't want to toss it.There was something about it I loved.I had an idea...yes, yes, I know - dangerous!
I decided to try and make a table for the deck with it. I dug around and found a nice size planter.
The planter received 2 coats of Rust-oleum Modern Mint. 
Next was the table.  Yes, the book stayed attached, the table would fall over without it and I didn't feel like trying to take it off.  It was stuck on there pretty good.The table received 3 coats of Krylon Hyacinth. 
 I placed my little level on the table top to be sure it stayed straight.
Once both pieces were dry, I married them together. The table fit perfectly in the planter. I wedged big pieces of Styrofoam around the base to stabilize it. And added a few rocks to keep the table in place and add some weight to it..
Filled it with a combination of potting soil and succulent soil.Planted some succulents and Portulaca I picked up at a fund raiser for a local rescue.
I happened to find a plant roller afterwards in my stash and painted it to match the planter. I can roll it anywhere I may need a small table. Surprisingly it came out just as I envisioned! How often does that happen? Never for me!

3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
15 Memorial Day Crafts
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

• Penny-Marie

How are you keeping the table & book from rotting? Did you coat them with something besides the paint?

• Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

Not worried about the book rotting since the table has a round wood end, only the wood was sealed. I dont expect it to last forever, it was a quick recycled project to keep it out of the landfill.