Raspberry Console & Thrifted Decor

$50

I am a sucker for ornate furniture. They are so detailed and paint up beautifully so I was excited when I found this piece on marketplace and scooped it up.

Now the top was flaking when I got it so I knew I needed to sand that off. Once I cleaned the piece with Krud Kutter and rinsed it well I could start sanding. I used a Bosch sander as it’s reasonably priced and I went ahead and sanded down the entire top as I decided to white wash it.

Here she is with the top complete sanded down. I used 120 grit and then went back with 220 grit.

This is a picture of all the paints and sealer I used for this project. I used Behr Decorative chalk paint matched to Sherwin Williams Raspberry Crush as the base color at Home Depot. I was just drawn to the fun color. Sometimes picking the color is the hardest part of a project!

Here’s the second coat going on. It always takes a few coats to get the coverage you need but luckily it dries quickly and it’s time for another coat in no time.

Because I always tend to be a little extra I added in some navy and the white here and there. I used a water mister bottle and sprayed a section and added some

navy and white here and there.

I also dry brushed around the ornate details once the last coat was dry just to accentuate them.

Dry brushing is when you hardly have any paint on your brush and lightly brush over the piece.

While I waited for the coats of paint to dry on the base I white washed the top which simply means watering down your paint and brushing it on the top and wiping away the excess.

Next I sealed up the piece with Varathane in matte. I love matte as it gives a soft sheen but not too much and doesn’t show the brush strokes.

Lastly the hardware was shined up with Brasso.

Now it’s time to stage her!

In addition to painting I also love thrifting. Everything I staged this piece with was either thrifted, gifted or second hand.

Don’t be afraid to decorate with things you like it have and making it work. Thrift stores can have some of the most unique treasures and can be so much cheaper than buying new.

So as a play on the staging I really am a FAN of this entire ensemble and I hope it may have inspired you as well!

You can find me on Instagram making stories of ramblings, being silly, and of course painting!

instagram.com/pickedandposhed

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home

To see more: //instagram.com/pickedandposhed

• Blare
    19 hours ago

Very nicely done! I like be your bravery of the color you chose. Great job💓💓

• Kathy
    38 minutes ago

Very Pretty, Love the color!