DIY Fall Cloche

$30

Looking for a unique way to add a touch of fall to your home? You probably have a cloche or glass dome laying around. This DIY gives you a unique way to fill the cloche and add some fall color to your home. All you need is a base for the dome, some dried florals, and a string of battery operated remote control lights to create this pretty DIY fall cloche.

Tips

1. Don’t throw away the card that the lights come wrapped in. Use this card to re-wrap your lights when you take your decor apart. Store these on the card in a labelled ziplock bag for future use.
  2. The remote control lights I used have 8 different patterns and also have a timer. You can set the timer to come on in the evening and it will go off 6 hours later. Or, you can manually turn them on any time you want a little fall ambiance in your space. You really need the remote control lights so you don’t have to try to turn them on by flipping the cloche over.
  3. If you need to purchase a base (a stand or lazy Susan) make sure the diameter of your cloche will sit fully and securely on it. Otherwise, your materials won’t stay within the cloche.
  4. You can find links to the all supplies I used by going to my the post on my website.

My fall cloche displayed in our living room.

I used rich tones of reindeer moss, textured balls, faux moss covered stones, and a string of battery operated remote control lights to fill my cloche.

Flip cloche upside down and place it in something to stabilize it so that you can use both hands to fill the cloche.

Place batteries in your lights and check that they work with the remote.

Add a layer of lights to the bottom of cloche. The pink color is some tissue paper I put in the bottom of the trashcan to help keep the cloche stable. It is not in the cloche.

Add a layer of moss, stones, and balls on top of the lights.

Add a second layer of lights over the first layer of moss.

Add another layer of moss, stones, and balls over the second layer of lights.

Add a final layer of lights over the second layer of moss, stones, and balls.

Add a final layer of moss, stones, and textured balls over the third layer of lights.

Place the battery pack for the remote controlled lights on top of moss in center of cloche.

Place the base on the cloche.

Gently flip base right side up. You can also place the base on a pedestal for additional height.

My cloche in our living room at dusk.

A side view of my cloche during the daytime styled with pumpkins, air plants, and wood beads.

3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Jennifer Williams