Illusion Embroidery Hoop

$35

Have you ever seen those beautiful pieces where it looks like the flowers and greenery are suspended in air? I looove them and wanted to put one together. Here is the process to make your own stunning wall art!

What You'll Need:

Here is what I used:

• A large oval wooden embroidery hoop (you can use any size or shape)
  • A sheet of tulle
  • Greenery/filler (I went for an autumn theme and used both faux and dried products)
  • Sola wood flowers from Oh You're Lovely

Create the Illusion Base!

The illusion has already started (the tulle is already attached in this pic!)!

To add the tulle to your embroidery hoop, first separate the wood pieces (you'll need to loosen the bolt and pull them apart). Next, cut a piece of tulle that is about 3" bigger on all sides of the hoop. You will want to lay that piece over the inner hoop (the one without the bolt/fastener) and gently place the outer hoop over that. Tighten the bolt slightly and begin pulling your tulle to stretch it and remove any wrinkles or lumps. **Tulle is prone to ripping so take your time for that part!**

Once you have it taut across the hoop, tighten the bolt even more and grab a silicone mat or something to put under the hoop to catch the glue that will fall through as you attach your greenery, filler and flowers!

Start Adding Greenery/Filler!

Tulle is very porous so for this step, you will definitely want a silicone mat or craft paper under your hoop!

Begin with your largest leaves and hot glue them directly to the tulle. I wanted to go for almost a bouquet type of look here so the design is fullest in the middle 1/3 of the hoop. With the largest leaves glued down, you now have a good base to start adding in/gluing down your smaller fillers and flowers.

Add Your Flowers!

After a few leaves and filler had been added, I decided to start bringing in flowers. With some of them being larger and/or more colorful, they can fill larger holes or spaces in the design. Once the flowers were in place, I glued in small sprigs of additional fillers to...you guessed it...fill in any spots that needed more oomph!

Now that all of the flowers, greenery and filler are in place, you can trim off any excess tulle that sticks out of the back of the embroidery hoop. Be sure not to cut the tulle in the center as that is holding everything in place!

Add a Bow!

In my wood flower world, it is well known that I am not a bow maker. You know the Bowdabra bow maker? I have one and I still struggle with them!

But for this, I went with a very simple bow and glued it onto the stems  .

And there you have it - your very own crafty magic trick!

3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Stefanie -Oh You're Lovely

• And you use the embroidery hoop for what? I don't get it??!!

• Carey

Linda, I think that what you are missing is that the embroidery hoop is the wood frame. That kind of Embroidery hoop is used for large hand embroidery projects. This is just another idea to use them in another way. Sometimes that kind of embroidery hoop is also used to frame the embroidered project.

• Peg

Do you sell the finished product?

• Lisa Courter

How to make flying ghost?

• Carey

Kauai, that is absolutely inspired! What a great Idea!!

• BETTY

I love this idea and actually have two large wooden hoops. My husband and I are remodeling our bedroom and I've been toying with adding in our life long loves of sewing and farming somehow and this will be great since I also love flowers. I will probably go with the removable hoop idea but this has been a great inspiration. Thanks for sharing.