Installing Double Roller Blinds

$100

Here’s my double roller blinds installation tips. It’s a dual roller blinds system that replaces ugly nets while offering blackout privacy.

You can find more double roller blind fitting tips and tricks on my original blogpost here.

Recently, I bought and fitted a series of double roller blinds, also known as dual roller blinds.

I picked these as they are a great alternative to installing dated nets with additional roller blinds for privacy.

The top layer is also a blackout, which again, adds more privacy during the night.

Double Roller Blinds Brackets

I'm going to show you how to fit them.

Above, you can see that because they are a double roller, they have two roller blinds to attach to the bracket.

Note - they may vary from store to store, but you need to ensure your reset window is deep enough to the 10cm deep bracket and allow for your window handles.

How to Fit Them

First, I used a scrap piece of wood as a marker, which was slightly bigger than the depth of the handles.

I held it in the top corner and marked the edge with a pencil.

After holding the bracket against my pencil mark, I drew where the screw holes lay.

Then predrilled with an SDS drill as I'm drilling through masonry here and added the rawl plugs that came with the double roller blinds.

Then, using a combi drill, I mounted the brackets either side of the window using screws and a screwdriver bit.

Then, it's just a matter of slotting the white blind first, which just hooks on, followed by the plain grey roller blind which is a blackout.

While the white blind is down, you can't see through it from the outside during the day.

Obviously, you can at night if the lights are on.

And during the night, the blackout roller keeps peeping toms out!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Double roller blind
  • Sds drill
  • Pencil

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
The Carpenter's Daughter

• Dee
    Dee

Where did you get double roller blinds? I would love to have them in my bedroom.