Transform Your Old Fabric Ottoman By Painting It.

$15

I have this old ottoman for the 90's and I can't let it go. The fabric is very bright and doesn't match anything my home now. So I decided to paint it white.

Supplies:

White acrylic paint

Paint brush

Sand sponge.

Step 1: Clean the ottoman

With a damp cloth clean the ottoman before you paint it.

Step 2: Painting the first coat

With a spray bottle filled with water, spray the water onto the ottoman to make it damp. This will make the paint absorb easier. With a clean brush paint the ottoman until its completely covered. Make sure you get into all the crevices.

Step 3: Sand the first coat

With a sand sponge sand the first coat until it feels soft. It has a feel of soft leather. Clean the dust before you paint the second coat.

Step 4: Paint the second coat

After the first coat has dried, apply a second coat and then sand. Clean the ottoman before you paint. It get so much easier to paint after the second coat. Apply the last coat and sand it.

Step 5: Cleaning the painted ottoman

I will be putting the ottoman in the screened in porch area. So it will be easy to clean. Using a damp cloth daily which will keep the ottoman clean. You can use a simple solution of water and Murphy's oil to keep it conditioned.

31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Everything Red For Canada Day
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Simple Nature Decor

• Pam-ella

I painted a chair using this method but it hard feeling. Any advice? Thank you

• Charise.

Hmmm...interesting idea (adding softener)! ...I guess it'll smell nice too, for a lil while.

• Wilma Pike

Does the cover have to be smooth fabric? Want to change my dining room chairs.

• Dottie

If painting a chair... can the chair now allow sitting on it or is it strickly for show??? Same with the ottoman... can you sit on it? Does the oil treatment allow for sitting on and how often does it have to be treated to allow sitting on?