Play House Makeover

$14

Give your tiered and discolored play house a new life and new look with this easy DIY.

the Look of the play house was annoying Me. My husband was trying to convince me to get rid of it, but my kids still loving play in it. The truth, i was about to put it in the garbage, but then a small voice talked me to take care of this small cute house.

Watch the full video for more fun!

Before
Before play house

Discolored and tired look doesn’t mean trash. We will refresh this play house with two materials.

Try to clean the play house and let it dry before painting.

Tools list

No list, just paint (i had some exterior paint left over) and couple of brushes.

One for each colors I’ll use.

Hands for help

My kids enjoyed to paint the roof with me. For that, i detached the roof so they don’t make a mess everywhere.

Panting the door and windows

I decided to paint all the door and windows frames. The inside was dirty and not good looking so I painted too. Again, the paint is an exterior paint for doors and trims. You can use a regular exterior paint.

Faux Brick look

With my flat brush, i patted horizontally to get the rectangle brick Shape. I went back and forth until i finished all the house sides.

Small parts

i sprayed all the small pieces, first because its more durable, second because its easier then Brush painting :D

Styling

Finally, i styled the inside and outside to have more a real house look.

And that’s all, as soon as i finished, my kids were hurrying to get inside and enjoy playing in their almost brand new play house hhhhhh

Front view
After
Back view
After

Happy fall my friends.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
Play house makeover

22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
15 Memorial Day Crafts

• Betty Jo Gray
    Betty Jo Gray

I love this!

• Happy Days Hometalker
    Happy Days Hometalker

Our youngest son had a similar play house, I painted to look like our house, was a lot of fun for a lot of years. Enjoy.

• Hinda
      Hinda

Same here. The kids had lot's of fun painting it. This kind of project are fun for the kids and the parents 🙂.