Vintage Bicycle Upcyle

$20

This old bicycle used to greet customers at my store. When we closed the store, I brought it home. It's been sitting at my outdoor deck stairs for a year. Time for a makeover!

Girlfriend needs a makeover!

This bike has so much sentimental value. I'm going to give her a bright new look and a new parking spot in my yard.

Bye Bye Patina

It was quite painful to cover this beautiful patina with paint. But, you know the old saying...no pain, no gain! Here we go!

Rustoleum to the Rescue!

I found a wonderful selection of Rustoleum spray paints. I selected GRAPE for the body of the bike. I also grabbed some silver, white and black to touch up the spoked, whitewalls, seat and tires.

Prepping for Paint

I didn't have any painter's tape on hand so I used cardboard to block off the wheels and areas of the bike that I didn't want to paint Grape. Two coats covered the frame nicely. Next I moved the cardboard and sprayed the tires and seat.

Plants and succuclents for the baskets!

I have many many succulents and plants around my yard. I attached a basket to the handlebars and one on the rear of the bike. I filled them with beautiful succulents and greens.

C'est Finis!

Isn't she lovely???

15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Shop at Blu

• Lisa West

Very pretty color. I used the same on a tray for jewelry at one time. Now the tray is navy blue chalk paint with chalk paint grey sea shell that i stenciled on and greets people at my front door. Your bike is suoer pretty. I bet it look absolulty charming where ever you place her. She didn't end up in a land fill either. Thanks for sharing your lively and charming bike.

• Laura

You definitely inspired me!!!! I found an old kids bike that someone was throwing out. My husband took off the tires, I spray painted it brown, put a basket on that I had, leaned it against my bench, added some mums and decorations. My neighbors love it!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

• Shop at Blu

Oh my goodness! I love the brown! So cute and fallish! You can brighten it up in the spring! Nice job!!!!