Kim S
Kim S
  • Winston Salem, NC

Anyone know what the name of this flower is?

Kim SWalter ReevesDouglas Hunt
+2

I looked on some websites but can't find it. Anyone have a great website resource for this? I have two more I need to identify.
q anyone know what the name of this flower is, flowers, gardening

Do you have closer photos, Kim? I can't really make out the flower, or tell which foliage goes with that flower. Two things that I can think of that might be blooming at this time of year and be in that color range would be delphinium or an early monkshood.

• Kim S

Thanks Douglas, I will take some more pictures. How about these?

q anyone know what the name of this flower is, flowers, gardening, The leaves are like a cloverq anyone know what the name of this flower is, flowers, gardeningq anyone know what the name of this flower is, flowers, gardeningq anyone know what the name of this flower is, flowers, gardening, There are other plants that have just pink flowers

The ones on the left look like rabbit's foot clover, Trifolium arvense. The ones on the right are possibly nicotiana, where some cross-pollination has occurred. Are the individual flowers fairly small? Have they been in your garden long?

• Walter Reeves

The one on the left looks more like crimson clover to me....and the one on the right looks like four o'clock

• Kim S

The one on the right is a four o'clock! Here is what I found: A curious aspect of this plant is that flowers of different colors can be found simultaneously on the same plant. Additionally, an individual flower can be splashed with different colors. Another interesting point is a color-changing phenomenon. For example, in the yellow variety, as the plant matures, it can display flowers that gradually change to a dark pink color. Similarly white flowers can change to light violet. The one on the left is crimson clover. Thank you both!