How To Make Yard Witches

$18

Do you like decorating for Halloween but don't want to break the bank doing it? I'm sharing how to make yard witches on a budget! You can see more of my crazy creations here

I started with a regular sized tomato cage and placed it upside down on the floor.

I put a plastic pumpkin pail upside down onto the 3 stakes of the tomato cage. Depending on the weather and where you're putting them you can use twine to tie the pumpkin pail handle to the tomato cage for stability.

I placed a yard sized garbage back over the pumpkin pail and tomato cage, and used twine to tie a waist for the witch under the pumpkin pail. Later I decided to switch this to some yarn I had on hand but you could also use ribbon, or anything you want.

I hot glued another pumpkin bucket to the top for a head. You could use the face of the pail or place it backwards as I did. I'll left mine blank but you could also draw or paint a face on if you like.

Optional step. I bought one of these battery operated LED lights from the dollar store and placed it inside so my witch head would flicker at night.

I added a witch hat to the top of the pumpkin pail. If you put an LED light inside you'll need to be able to reach inside and turn it on. If you aren't putting a light inside you can hot glue the hat to the head. To make the hat stick up right I filled it with a couple recycled grocery bags.

I made 3 of these witches. To create their arms, I cut strips of another garbage back, made a knot in the middle to represent a hand, and hot glued the ends to each witch. This is the corner or shoulder of the garbage bag. On the witch ends, I hot glued a strip to the shoulder and made a knot at the end and left it hanging out.

I love how the witches turned out!

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Chas' Crazy Creations