Beaded Curtain Tie-backs

$40

I recently replaced the curtains in my dining area to something a little lighter than what I had previously. After finishing my Grandfather Clock-China Cabinet, the other curtains just seemed too heavy.

Here's a picture of the new curtains in the space before the tie-backs.

I purchased these from Costco online and they were relatively inexpensive. They fit the space so nicely with the China Cabinet.

Materials

I purchased these wooden beads off of Amazon for about $10.

Materials

The package also included plenty of twine for my project.

Adding the beads

I taped off one end of the twine to make it easier to work with and began threading the beads on in a pattern.

The pattern I chose

Clearly you could choose a number of patterns but I chose to start with the smaller beads on the ends and graduate them to the largest beads in the center. My package had four different sizes.

Hanging the tie-backs

I looped the ends and tied them in a knot. I used command hooks to attach them to the wall but you could use a more permanent solution. However, they have held up very well and there is not enough weight or tension on them to make me worry that they won't continue to hold.

Finished tie-backs

Here is the finished product. I love how they turned out. You could choose to stain or paint the beads but I really love the natural wood color.

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden