DIY FALL BANNER

$1

I decided to whip up a Fall Banner for my faux fireplace mantel.

The finished banner

My supplies

I added jute twine from the dollar store to attach the pages onto. I used four pages out of an old book that had been damaged.

Stenciling

I stenciled my pages to spell out the word Fall. But you could easily use alphabet stickers too. I just happened to have stencils and paint.

Hot gluing

I decided I wanted mine to have a scroll effect so I rolled the tops and bottoms just a little to give it that effect. I used a tiny bit of hot glue on each end top and bottom of each book page after stenciling.

Aging the pages

I used some of my trusty ink pad in walnut to rub the pages to give them an aged appearance. I just rubbed along the top and bottom scrolling. And a little on the sides. This gave them more dimension too.

Adding the jute

I hot glued along the top of each page and carefully spaced out my pages to form the banner.

The fun part

This is the fun part, adding the decorative details. I used old buttons I had from a collection. Then folded some ribbon in two and hot glued them on each end. I may add some old lace tied in between each page yet.

You can get real imaginative here and add what you want.

Hope you like this and it inspired you to use what you have for seasonal decor.

16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!

To see more: https://junktogems.blog/

• Cheryl Crow

Something fun to do tonight! Thanks for the cute idea and sharing!

• Kathy D

Love the idea, also I noticed the picture of the little girl on the mantel and I actually have the same one but wondered if it were antique as it came from a friends mother's estate. Let me know what you think please!

• Corine Mapes

Thank you Alice so much for letting us know that. It was on an older mans table mixed in with some tools he was selling as soon as I seen it I fell in love. He sold it to me for $6.