How to Make Dirty Grout Look Brand New Again for $10

$11

This tutorial will show you the very easy way to make old, dirty grout look brand new again. This process takes less than an hour and costs just around $10!

Grout: Before

This is what our "white" grout looked like before. It looked dingy and dirty. No matter what I tried I could not get it back to it's original crisp, clean white.

Grout: Before

Another look at the before.

Mapei Grout Refresh

I found Mapei Grout Refresh at our local Lowe's.

It can be used to refresh grout color or to completely change the color of your existing grout. It also seals the grout when you use it (win win!). It cost $10.98 at our local Lowe's.

Apply Mapei Grout Refresh to Grout Line

I used a toothbrush to apply the product to the grout line.

Don't worry about staying perfectly within the line, the excess will be wiped off.

Apply Product to Grout Line.

Here is a video of how I used a toothbrush to apply the product to the grout line.

Apply product to grout line.

Here is a "during" photo. You can see the difference of where I have applied the product to the grout and where I have not.

Product applied to grout lines in entire bathroom

Work your way through the entire room until you have covered all of the grout lines.

Wipe away excess product

Use a rag to wipe away the excess product from around the grout lines.

Product on Grout Line

A closer look at the new grout lines. This was when I started wiping the excess off.

The After

A photo of the after! The grout looks brand new.

Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Home and Hallow

• Lori Cheatham
    Lori Cheatham

It looks amazing! Did you clean the grout first?

• Baxter
    Baxter

I used Mapei Grout Paint and painted the grout in 2 of my bathrooms. I cleaned the grout with a toothbrush and degreaser, rinsed and then followed the directions on the Mapei bottle. I changed the light silvery color I had purchased by adding black to make the color charcoal. That was 3 years ago and it still looks brand new. Love it!