DIY Designer Pillows Using Inexpensive Placemats

$5

Placemats are a great way to make seasonal or everyday pillows for less! Buy seasonal placemats on clearance after the holidays, and then make these adorable pillows in just minutes. The beauty of using placemats is your DIY pillows will be double-sided! You are going to LOVE my awesome, time-saving tip to ensure you get fluffy pillows with absolutely NO LUMPS!

Hi, I'm Cindy. I blog at DIY Beautify where my goal is to create a beautiful home on a budget...and to inspire you to do the same! This is a great project that will save you money and let you create beautiful pillows for less!

I found this adorable red truck placemat on clearance after the holidays. I also bought a coordinating red plaid place mat for the backside. Tapestry place mats like this are nice and thick and perfect for this easy DIY.

Supplies

You'll need 2 place mats per pillow, a bag of polyfill stuffing, straight pins and a needle and coordinating heavy thread.

Pin and sew

Here's the beauty of using placemats for this project...the edges are already hemmed and nicely finished! Pin place mats together with the right sides out. Sew around 3 sides, leaving one of the smaller ends open. I used my sewing machine, but you could sew by hand or even use fabric glue for this step.

It's as pretty on the inside as it is on the outside!

Stuff the pillow

You are going to be blown away by this tip!

Leave the stuffing in the bag, and slice open one shorter end. Insert the entire bag of stuffing into the pillowcase (opened end first). Once the stuffing is in the pillowcase, simply slide the bag out! How cool is that? NO lumps!

Sew end closed

Finally, pin the open end and using 3 strands of DMC floss and a needle, sew a decorative blanket stitch to close the pillow.

Just as cute on the backside!

You are going to love making these easy, double-sided pillows! They make inexpensive gifts, and everyone loves them!

Happy crafting

Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
CINDY DIY Beautify