Asked on Sep 16, 2020

Plate window valance?

Lauren of Mom Home GuideSharonEm
+12

how to hang a cluster of saucers and plates to make a window valance

• You need to use the metal wire plate holders with springs on them.

• Cindy

Hi Jerry. I have plates hanging on the wall in my kitchen. I inherited them when my Dad passed away. I'm using a large plate hanger that I purchased from Hobby Lobby. I used their 40 per cent off coupon that I printed off of their web site. If you go to Hobby Lobby be sure to print that coupon. Good luck Jerry.

Hi Jerry: If the area doesn't get wet or moist, you may be able to use those command hooks.

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

This is a really cute idea. You can put a decorative shelf over the window and put the plates on that: https://pin.it/6dRWylX

• You could drill into them using a drill bit for ceramics and the wire them the the wall

• Ellen Faeth

You could mount them on a piece of plexiglass using a clear glue that will dry clear, if you want to be able to see through them. If you're not concerned with that, lay them out on a sheet of thin plywood in the pattern you want. Trace around them on the bottom and sides. Remove plates, and cut out the pattern with a jig saw. Sand rough edges. Mount brackets on your window frame, and drill holes in plywood to line up with brackets. Glue plates onto the plywood with locktite adhesive. Leave a space in the pattern to mount plywood to brackets over your window. Depending on the weight after attaching the plates, you will prob need a bracket in the middle of the window frame, as well as on the sides. Good luck!!! Post pics of finished project!

• Johnavallance82

Hello Jerry,

You could try using Upholstery Tape/webbing .or a strong fabric or a board and fix Velcro where you want the plates to hang. Fix Velcro to the plates and then fit them. You may also want to even out the bottom weight and add Velcro and a plate to the reverse side too. Best wishes. Remember the heaviest weight should be at the bottom and the lightest at the top.

• Kathy Gunter Law

If you want them to dangle, you can drill a small hole in them and run a ribbon or jute through the hole.

To put on the window itself, I would go with command adhesive so that it can be removed with no damage.

• Em

Make a wooden valance attaching wood the depth you want the valance to stick out to the sides of the window frame with screws. Attach board across the front like a 1 x 3 and e6000 plates to it.

• Sharon

Only thing I know is those plate hangers you get in the hardware section, I have collections of leaf, bird and butterfly plates hanging in my kitchen.

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

This video shows how to hang plates on a wall: https://youtu.be/W7wqzoPseRc

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

This video also shows how to hang plates using inexpensive supplies: https://youtu.be/feEv81SfRms