The Secret to Making Vintage Bottle Labels

$2

On a recent post, I shared how to group collectibles for more impact. In that post, I shared my collection of Vintage Amber Bottles with Vintage Rusty Labels attached. Since many of you asked where the labels came from, I decided to share. If you missed the previous post, Best Ideas for Fall Decorating, click here.

Here is the secret to making vintage bottle labels that you can use to attach to bottles or cabinetry. This is such a simple and easy tutorial and although they are faux vintage, you’ll be amazed how good they look. All you need is some left over coffee and cinnamon plus plain card stock.

PRINT LABELS

First determine what style of label you prefer. There are several Free Printable Labels available online. If you don’t have a printer, you can download and send to a local printer such as Staples or Office Depot.

AGE YOUR LABELS

Once you have your labels printed you can begin the aging process. I just save a little coffee from my morning cup and pour it into a flat dish. Prepare a drying area using either a towel or paper towels with some protection for your counter tops underneath. Quickly dip your labels into the coffee and then transfer to your drying area. You can dribble extra coffee onto the card stock to add darker spots.

Rust Your Labels

Next, sprinkle the entire surface with cinnamon. Allow the card stock labels to dry thoroughly.

Cute out the labels

Once the paper is completely dry, you can begin to cut the labels using scissors.

If you love simple and easy DIY Tutorials,  Click here for another great tutorial from earlier this year.

Attach Labels

You can attach the labels to most bottles using double stick tape. I also like to tie them onto the neck of some bottle by attaching a piece of jute string. Just punch a hole large enough to slip the string through and tie a knot to prevent the string from pulling through the hole. I used an ice pick to punch the hole.

Authentic Looking VINTAGE BOTTLE LABELS

To create an authentic aged look, you can distress the edges of the label. Here I’ve taken the ice pick and removed some of the label around the edge. As a result, the label appears more worn and realistic.

15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Rachel The Ponds Farmhouse