Simple Teen Photo Wall

$40

Learn how to decorate bedrooms with photos for a simple but meaningful gallery photo wall. Easy and budget-friendly DIY project for kids, tweens and teens

Let's First Take a Peek at the Wall BEFORE

At the beginning of this pandemic my teenager was struggling with missing her friends, activites and even school so we created a simple gallery wall of photos to help her feel closer to her friends.

Choose & Print Photos

We created a separate album in a photos app on my daughter's phone to put all the pictures to print. Then uploaded that folder to our local store for printing. Simple!

We ordered 4x6 prints in both horizontal and vertical formats.

Once you receive your pictures the fun can begin...lay out all the pictures so you can choose which one you want as you go.

Adhere Photos to Wall in Grid Pattern

Starting at the bottom of the wall and working our way up we adhered the prints to the wall in a grid pattern.

We attached the prints to the wall with poster command strips. We used two command poster strips per print.

*NOTE - the first time we did this we used double stick tape. Learn from our mistake and start with command strips. The photos started falling down 2 days later with the tape but the command strips are still going strong after 5 months!

Pose in Front of Your New Photo Wall

Seriously look at that smile!

She was thrilled with the outcome of her new photo wall.

Let's Look at the Wall Now- AFTER

Sometimes as the lead decorator of our home it’s hard to let go of the picture-perfect magazine-worthy image I have in my mind of what I want a space to look like and just be a mom who makes her kid super happy!

Serioulsy...what’s better than that?

15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Simply2Moms

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

If someone wanted to decorate their room on a smaller scale or did not have as much blank wall space, mount the photos on the door.

• Simply2Moms
      Simply2Moms

That's a good idea too! I actually did that on my closet doors myself when I was a teenager.

• Melanie Hinman
    Melanie Hinman

My daughter did the same - but went for a rainbow effect! It works well because she has white walls with grey and black accents so this added some much needed color!