It's Five O'clock Somewhere A.K.A Drinks Cabinet Makeover

$50

I have upcycled many bar cabinets but this one had a rather boxy shape the base was damaged and the wood grain on it was meh...

So I decided to jazz it up a little.

Before
Assess the damage

like I mentioned before the base was damaged so the first thing I did was take this puppy of the base and added hairpin legs

Repair the damage

Once it was off the base I screwed on the hairpin legs and it already looked much better. The wood parts actually weren't in bad shape, so i was excited that I could skip sanding this piece.

Tape it up
Apply painters tape

It was time for that razzle dazzle! I taped out my design and decided to opt for a gold spray paint this time. The reason for that is that I didn't sand my piece as the finish was ok. Spray paint was going to stick to the already finished surface.

applied 3 coats

The secret of applying spray paint is to apply it one light coat at a time. Let it fully dry between coats that way you won't end up with runny paint.

More gold

I decided that I needed more gold on this piece so I took off the back panel and spray painted that gold as well

Back panel with gold
Putting all together

Once all my design was done which was mostly gold and black, I reassembled the cocktail cabinet, applied danish teak oil on the wood parts and staged it 😊

All done

As you can tell I added a lot more gold to it that way it can really shine at those cocktail parties! If you liked this transformation and would like to see more in real time follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai

15 Memorial Day Crafts
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• Ticia
    Ticia

The piece came out fantastic. What inspired the design? You said you used a teak oil on the wood parts but isn't the gold also on wood? Just curious. It looks fabulous.

• Marilyn Vinson
    Marilyn Vinson

How to repair water damaged bathroom cabinet doors?

• Flipturn
      Flipturn

Marilyn,

Your question about water damaged bathroom cabinet doors came through under someone else's project.

Go up to the top right hand corner of the Hometalk page, click on Ask a Question, then repost your question there so that it is seen by more Hometalkers.

Next, go back to where your question is posted here, click on the little three grey dots in the upper right hand space and Delete it.

• Debbie Rose
    Debbie Rose

Did you have to special order the mirror? And how did you attach it with screws without breaking it?

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Now that the hard restoration work is done, you will have to treat yourself with some matching vintage drinking glasses.

• Nancy Watson
    Nancy Watson

amazing!

perfect design choice!!