It's Five O'clock Somewhere A.K.A Drinks Cabinet Makeover

$50

I have upcycled many bar cabinets but this one had a rather boxy shape the base was damaged and the wood grain on it was meh...

So I decided to jazz it up a little.

Assess the damage

Before

like I mentioned before the base was damaged so the first thing I did was take this puppy of the base and added hairpin legs

Repair the damage

Once it was off the base I screwed on the hairpin legs and it already looked much better. The wood parts actually weren't in bad shape, so i was excited that I could skip sanding this piece.

Apply painters tape

Tape it up

It was time for that razzle dazzle! I taped out my design and decided to opt for a gold spray paint this time. The reason for that is that I didn't sand my piece as the finish was ok. Spray paint was going to stick to the already finished surface.

applied 3 coats

The secret of applying spray paint is to apply it one light coat at a time. Let it fully dry between coats that way you won't end up with runny paint.

More gold

I decided that I needed more gold on this piece so I took off the back panel and spray painted that gold as well

Putting all together

Back panel with gold

Once all my design was done which was mostly gold and black, I reassembled the cocktail cabinet, applied danish teak oil on the wood parts and staged it 😊

All done

As you can tell I added a lot more gold to it that way it can really shine at those cocktail parties! If you liked this transformation and would like to see more in real time follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai

3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers

• Ticia

The piece came out fantastic. What inspired the design? You said you used a teak oil on the wood parts but isn't the gold also on wood? Just curious. It looks fabulous.

• Marilyn Vinson

How to repair water damaged bathroom cabinet doors?

• Flipturn

Marilyn,

Your question about water damaged bathroom cabinet doors came through under someone else's project.

Go up to the top right hand corner of the Hometalk page, click on Ask a Question, then repost your question there so that it is seen by more Hometalkers.

Next, go back to where your question is posted here, click on the little three grey dots in the upper right hand space and Delete it.

• Debbie Rose

Did you have to special order the mirror? And how did you attach it with screws without breaking it?

• Flipturn

Now that the hard restoration work is done, you will have to treat yourself with some matching vintage drinking glasses.

• Nancy Watson

amazing!

perfect design choice!!