DIY Dollar Store Halloween Art

$15

Today, I've put together a tutorial for a super easy piece of Halloween decor. Everything I used for this project is from the dollar store, and it took less than two hours to complete. I thought it was the perfect way to kick off my favourite time of year, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

I started off this project by giving my wooden artist's panel a solid coat of black acrylic paint. It only needed one coat, which was a great time-saving surprise.

Tip: If the wood you're working with requires more than one coat of paint, just remember that the centre of the panel is going to be hidden under the fake flowers, so there's no need to worry about that part too much.

Next, I put a bit of hot glue on the back of my plastic skull and placed it in the middle of the panel.

Once the skull was securely in place, I started gluing my assortment of fake flowers all over the interior portion of the wooden panel.

As you can seen, I chose some non-traditional Halloween colours when I was picking out my flowers, and I love the way the colour palette turned out.

I made sure I filled in as much of the artist's panel as possible and as soon as the last dollop of hot glue was dry, my latest piece of Halloween decor was complete!

I haven't decorated my house for Halloween yet, but finding a little corner to display this piece of art is definitely a step in the right direction. Over the next few weeks, I'm going to plug away at getting the rest of our space decked-out for the season.

15 Memorial Day Crafts
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Katie Sara Creates

• Carol

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I'm Dollar Tree girl myself. In fact just about to post a project. Truly adore this and now following your creations!

• Zain Rajput

I g­­­­e­­­­t p­­­­a­­­­i­­­­d o­­­­v­­­­e­­­­r $­­9­­0 p­­­­e­­­­r h­­­­o­­­­u­­­­r w­­­­o­­­­r­­k­­­­i­­­­n­­­­g f­­­­r­­­­o­­­­m h­­­­o­­­­m­­­­e w­­­­i­­­­t­­­­h 2 k­­­­i­­d­­­­s a­­­­t h­­­­o­­­­m­­­­e. I n­­­­e­­­­v­­­­e­­r t­­­­h­­o­­­­u­­­­g­­­­h­­­­t I­­­­'­­­­b eable t­­­­o d­­­­o i­­­­t b­­­­u­­­­t m­­­­y b­­­­e­­­­s­­­­t f­­r­­i­­e­­n­­d e­­a­­r­­n­­s o­­v­­e­­r 10k a month d­­o­­i­­n­­g t­­h­­­­i­­­­s a­­­­n­­­­d s­­­­h­­­­e c­­­­o­­­­n­­­­v­­­­i­­­­n­­­­c­­­­e­­­­d m­­­­e t­­­­o t­­r­­y. T­­h­­e p­­o­­t­­e­­n­­t­­i­­a­­l w­­i­­t­­h t­­h­­i­­s i­­s e­­n­­­­d­­l­­e­­­­s­­­­s. Here's w­­­­h­­­­a­­­­t I'v­­­­e b­­­­e­­­­e­­­­n d­­­­o­­­­i­­­­n­­­­g,