DIY Fall Vase

$5

I just finished styling my entryway table and you aren't going to believe what I made my new super cute, super stylish DIY Fall vase out of...

An empty juice container!! Really, if I didn't tell you would have never known!! Let me show you how I made it.

Start With An Empty Juice Bottle

I started with an empty apple juice bottle from the Simply brand. Side note, they make the yummiest juices and lemonades!

There are other brands that have similar bottles.

Peel Off The Labels

Did you know that you can use a hair dryer to easily remove labels from things? Just don't hold the hair dryer too close to the plastic bottle or it will warp (don't ask me how I know!!) The label easily peeled off.

Cut Off The Top Of The Bottle

Next, I took my blade and cut the top part of the bottle off, I don't want my DIY Fall vase looking like a juice bottle!

Paint The Bottle

I painted the vase with Waverly chalk paint in the "plaster" shade; a creamy white color. I did a heavy, even first coat and when that was dried went over it lightly with a second coat.

Wax

Once the chalk paint was completely dry, I used a dark wax on a chipping brush and lightly (very lightly) ran the brush down the sides of the DIY vase.

I love the details that pop once the wax is put on the juice bottle.

Add Detail

I wanted to add a little detail to the DIY Fall vase. I had a bag of the wooden leaf ornaments from the Dollar Tree. I gave the leaf a few quick brush strokes with dark wax.

Attach The Leaf

I attached the leaf to the Fall vase with a piece of twine. It was too thick to fit through the hole so I unraveled the twine to make it a little thinner.

I went out to my garden and cut some fresh ornamental grass stems. They are starting to bloom; a sure sign that Fall is here in New England.

If you don't have pampas grass growing in your garden you can always buy it online; I've even seen it on Amazon.

I always forget how much I love Fall until it rolls around again! I'm lucky enough to be able to look out any window and see a beautiful Autumn scene once the leaves start turning.

You can see all my Fall projects and ideas right here

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Jennifer Howard| Cottage On Bunker Hill

• Auntie Amy

Oh my stars! Why oh why have I been recycling my juice bottles?!?! Such a cute idea and I never realized all the detail on those plastic bottles until you painted them. Thank you for sharing your brilliance!

I have to dig around in my recycle bin and go to Dollar Tree now...

• Corine Mapes

Oh my goodness such a cute idea! Great job!