Neglected Pond Turned Beautiful Patio Area

$850

Our first summer in this house has resulted in almost a total makeover of the backyard. One of the first projects was this neglected pond area, apparently called “The Pit” by the previous owner.

Before

It was overgrown and neglected so I began to give it a refresh by rearranging the pond rocks and the plants and weeds growing around that area.

Before

This was not the real before but close to the beginning. This picture was after having 2” of dirt and rocks removed so that we could begin putting down pavers.

Underpayment and leveling

Next we added landscape fabric and a layer of sand before starting to layout the patio stone.

Progress

This was a challenging area as it is landlocked by a retaining wall, sidewalk, pond, and fence. Not to mention working around sprinkler system faucets. But, I have my job supervisor here helping!

After

from a I used, weed growing space to a peaceful area to enjoy the sounds of the fountain and a cup of morning coffee.

More after

This project was not hard but was labor intensive but so worth it!

Fall in The Pit

15 Perfectly Round Tables
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Cyndi

• Zain Rajput
    Zain Rajput

I g­­­­e­­­­t p­­­­a­­­­i­­­­d o­­­­v­­­­e­­­­r $­­9­­0 p­­­­e­­­­r h­­­­o­­­­u­­­­r w­­­­o­­­­r­­k­­­­i­­­­n­­­­g f­­­­r­­­­o­­­­m h­­­­o­­­­m­­­­e w­­­­i­­­­t­­­­h 2 k­­­­i­­d­­­­s a­­­­t h­­­­o­­­­m­­­­e. I n­­­­e­­­­v­­­­e­­r t­­­­h­­o­­­­u­­­­g­­­­h­­­­t I­­­­'­­­­b eable t­­­­o d­­­­o i­­­­t b­­­­u­­­­t m­­­­y b­­­­e­­­­s­­­­t f­­r­­i­­e­­n­­d e­­a­­r­­n­­s o­­v­­e­­r 10k a month d­­o­­i­­n­­g t­­h­­­­i­­­­s a­­­­n­­­­d s­­­­h­­­­e c­­­­o­­­­n­­­­v­­­­i­­­­n­­­­c­­­­e­­­­d m­­­­e t­­­­o t­­r­­y. T­­h­­e p­­o­­t­­e­­n­­t­­i­­a­­l w­­i­­t­­h t­­h­­i­­s i­­s e­­n­­­­d­­l­­e­­­­s­­­­s. Here's w­­­­h­­­­a­­­­t I'v­­­­e b­­­­e­­­­e­­­­n d­­­­o­­­­i­­­­n­­­­g,

• Debbie ThompsonSumner
    Debbie ThompsonSumner

would have loved to see the pond, looks great