Neglected Pond Turned Beautiful Patio Area

$850

Our first summer in this house has resulted in almost a total makeover of the backyard. One of the first projects was this neglected pond area, apparently called “The Pit” by the previous owner.

Before

It was overgrown and neglected so I began to give it a refresh by rearranging the pond rocks and the plants and weeds growing around that area.

Before #2

This was not the real before but close to the beginning. This picture was after having 2” of dirt and rocks removed so that we could begin putting down pavers.

Underpayment and leveling

Next we added landscape fabric and a layer of sand before starting to layout the patio stone.

Progress

This was a challenging area as it is landlocked by a retaining wall, sidewalk, pond, and fence. Not to mention working around sprinkler system faucets. But, I have my job supervisor here helping!

After

from a I used, weed growing space to a peaceful area to enjoy the sounds of the fountain and a cup of morning coffee.

More after

This project was not hard but was labor intensive but so worth it!

Fall in The Pit

15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Cyndi

• Zain Rajput

I g­­­­e­­­­t p­­­­a­­­­i­­­­d o­­­­v­­­­e­­­­r $­­9­­0 p­­­­e­­­­r h­­­­o­­­­u­­­­r w­­­­o­­­­r­­k­­­­i­­­­n­­­­g f­­­­r­­­­o­­­­m h­­­­o­­­­m­­­­e w­­­­i­­­­t­­­­h 2 k­­­­i­­d­­­­s a­­­­t h­­­­o­­­­m­­­­e. I n­­­­e­­­­v­­­­e­­r t­­­­h­­o­­­­u­­­­g­­­­h­­­­t I­­­­'­­­­b eable t­­­­o d­­­­o i­­­­t b­­­­u­­­­t m­­­­y b­­­­e­­­­s­­­­t f­­r­­i­­e­­n­­d e­­a­­r­­n­­s o­­v­­e­­r 10k a month d­­o­­i­­n­­g t­­h­­­­i­­­­s a­­­­n­­­­d s­­­­h­­­­e c­­­­o­­­­n­­­­v­­­­i­­­­n­­­­c­­­­e­­­­d m­­­­e t­­­­o t­­r­­y. T­­h­­e p­­o­­t­­e­­n­­t­­i­­a­­l w­­i­­t­­h t­­h­­i­­s i­­s e­­n­­­­d­­l­­e­­­­s­­­­s. Here's w­­­­h­­­­a­­­­t I'v­­­­e b­­­­e­­­­e­­­­n d­­­­o­­­­i­­­­n­­­­g,

• would have loved to see the pond, looks great