Cake & Food Stands

$10

The holidays are fast approaching us which means entertaining and gifting time. These DIY cake and food stands are perfect for both. They can be used as a cake stand,

hors d’oeuvres stand or even as a floral arrangement centerpiece. These are also a great way to display some of your favorite antique plates. Another great idea is to use them as a hostess gift when you go to those holiday parties. Either way you use them, they’re super easy fun and fast to make.

I’ve made these from single stands to tri-level and all hold up nicely. I’ve also used very inexpensive plates to antique plates I picked up from some of my favorite antique stores. My favorite glue to use for these types of projects is E6000 it works great and dries in approximately 24 hours. I used candle sticks holders from the Dollar Tree and even some I picked up at antique stores. These really are a fun and very inexpensive DIY project and a great way to use candle stick holders for more than just burning candles. The great thing about this project is that you don’t need to paint anything and because you are using plates, they’re already food safe so, no need to worry about making them food safe 😉 Also, they can be washed very easily.

If you’d like to see what else I do please come visit me at https://www.instagram.com/mycreativekneads/

Lets get started!

Step 1

Material

This is the fun part, gathering your plates and candles stick holders. As I stated before, I picked up my items from the Dollar Tree, antique stores and even thrift stores. You can use ceramic or glass candle sticks holders. I’ve used both and they both work great. You can purchase the E6000 from your favorite craft store or your favorite Hardware store. Happy treasure hunting!

Step 2 Gluing

The glue

Before you glue the candle stick holders to the plates make sure you have clean surfaces. Next you apply a good amount of glue to the diameter of the top of the candle stick holder. I typically apply enough glue to ensure the entire surface of the candle stick holder is covered with glue. You can always wipe off any excess.

Step 3 Attaching the plates

The plates

Next, place the plate on top of the candle stick holder and make sure it’s centered. Use a heavy object to use as a weight on top of the plate to ensure it bonds securely to the candle stick holder. I used heavy books and left it on until the drying time listed on the glue was completed. The drying time for E6000 varies between 24 to 72 hours. I’ve had good results drying them over night. Once you’ve done that, you are finished, easy right?

My stands

This is a photo of various stands.

Scones on display

I had just baked blueberry, lavender and lemon zest scones so decided to display them on this stand for your viewing pleasure 💁🏻‍♀️

A tri-level stand

This one has a larger plate on the bottom and the smallest plate on the top of the Tri-level stand. This one was actually gifted to me but I’ve also made tri-level stands.

Ceramic candle stick holder

This is a photo of one of the ceramic candle stick holder I picked up at an antique store.

Glass candle stick holder

This is a pink glass candle stick holder, I really liked the color.

Thank you for viewing and happy DIYing 💕

Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!

• Jutta Allert Forkel

How did you do the stand with the 2 plates and the ceramic candle holder? It looks like the candle holder goes right thru?

• Joni Sassone

I always have a plate on the bottom. Candlesticks on the bottom are too small for stability. If the weight distributions aren’t equal it will tip over, plus it looks better. You can also place a smaller plate up side down under the candlestick for a wider base.

• Irma | mycreativekneads

Hi, that’s great I’m sure it looks wonderful too. I have some that I’ve made like that as well. Thankfully I haven’t had any issues with any of the ones I’ve made, so far 🤞I’ve been making them for years now. But maybe I will update to include this information just as an FYI, thank you!

• E95656

So pretty!