Diy Farmhouse Lanterns

$10

I have been wanting some simple wooden lanterns for my porch. My hubby convinced me to diy some after I had shown him some I wanted at a store.

My Fall porch

My supplies

I had my hubby rip a one by six into 1"x1" strips. I cut four 16" pieces for each lantern for my pillars . From another scrap piece of wood I cut two 6"x 6" pieces for the top and bottom of each one. And then cut one 4"x5" piece for each one.

Nailing them together

I then took two of the sixteen inch pieces and nailed them to one top piece ( the six inch by six inch) and then nailed the other two pieces so I had all four pillars nailed on the top piece. Then flipped them over and nailed them to the bottom six inch by six inch piece.

Adding dimension

After that I knew I wanted to add some dimension to them. I added the smaller wood pieces to the tops. For all of this we used a nail gun but you could use some good wood glue. Then I found some finials I had gotten at a yard sale and screwed them into the tops.

Staining and finished product

I then stained each one and applied exterior polyurethane for outdoor use. I have some small white pumpkins in them for now. But will add some battery operated candles soon. I checked and you can find the wood pieces from a craft store too if you don't have your own wood.

• Wood  (Had)
  • Finials  (Had)

3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home

To see more: https://junktogems.blog/