4x4 Fall Centerpiece

$15

I don't know about you, but every holiday I start to plan out my holiday centerpiece. I'm normally hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas, and with that times two tables a holiday, it can get pricey. So when I saw this, I had to recreate it. We took it to another level and decided to burn the wood. This is a perfect centerpiece that won't break the bank. You can change out the greenery for the holiday season.

Supplies

Long Stick Candles

Pencil

Simi-Gloss Lacquer Spray

Supplies

4x4 - Measure to the sized you wish for your table. The Hardware store can cut it for you. I did 3 Feet for mine.

Screw Gun

2 Clamps

Tape Messure

7/8 Wood Spade

Sander

Supplies

Torch (Optional)

I picked this up at Lowes for $25. They had some cheaper ones, but I went with a upgraded nozzle.

Step 1

Once you have your 4x4 cut it to the length you wish for your table (The Hardware store can cut it for you. I did 3 Feet for mine).

You will want to mark the middle of the wood that will be the top your center piece will have the candles.

Continue Step 1

Draw a line from one side of the board, to the other, marking the middle of the board.

Step 2

You will want to clamp down the 4x4 so it does not move.

(I did not take a picture of this before I started drilling. So please disregard the holes for now.)

Step 3

Using the 7/8 wood spade, Drill your first hole on one side of the line.

Continue Step 3

Now on the other side of the line you will drill another hole. We measured 5 inches between each hole.

You will continue to go back and forth with the holes till you reach the end.

Step 4

Start Sanding!

Step 5 (Optional)

This step is optional.

If you are worried about doing this step because you haven't used a torch, I can assure you it is easy. This was my first time too, and it went smoothly. You will hold the flame about 2 inches from the wood, and you will start to see the grain darken.

NOTE: The wood will be hot, DO NOT TOUCH IT. Give it a few mins to cool.

Continue Step 5

Here is what ours looked like after we burned it.

Step 6

Once the wood is cool, you will give it a spray of lacquer.

You are done! Place your favorite flowers or greenery around it.

Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before

• Jewels

Has the wax been a problem to get off the wood? Love this...We also have three small tables for get togethers!

• Linda Abate

WOW, what a beautiful centerpiece. I can see this not only on a dining room table, but also on the fireplace mantel. Such a beautiful piece that can be decorated with fall flowers and leaves and/or pine garland and berries. Beautiful job on the finish of your piece.

• Barbara

Beautiful job

Love your table (too)

Did you make that also.