Got me all kind of plastic buckets and bowls and glued tea lights, the little ones with the aluminum foil covers, with the waxy side down into my buckets. Then I brushed a little oil over the tealights and inside the buckets. Filled it with cement about a finger high over the tealights, because I did not want to have the holes go all the way through and have the grass grow through them. In the small bowls I used bottle caps. Did not work good, because they get so stuck, the end pieces break. I did let the cement dry for a few days in the buckets
I did make leaves with concrete for my frontyard as stepping stones... But I also wanted steppingstones for the backyard, and I was tired of leaves. One night at around 3.30h I woke up ...and I knew what I would do
First steps for my steps
those are my leaves
for the front yard
Back to the molds with bucket and bowls
Those are the first ones I took out --- buttons.It worked so good with those tealights, because when they get stuck in the cement, all you need to do is scratch out the wax and you can peel the aluminum foil out easily
And that what it looks like now -
- to the delight of my grandchild who hops from one to the other.
I painted them with paint from the builders market. I do not really know the word for them. It is colours that you can use to mix into a bucket of white paint to get the colour you want to paint your house with. So far they have kept the colours through rain and sun.