Luxurious Fall Mantel Decor

$300

I admit, I am REALLY proud of this display. Yep, I think even Martha would give me a thumbs up on this one. It seems I want to make everything lush and full and luxurious these days. Maybe since I haven’t been out and about. Perhaps things will trend back to normal and I won’t feel the need to go so “over the top”. For now, this is what I am doing, and this is what I am enjoying! I would love to have you stop by my blog , Celebrate & Decorate for more details as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

Let me show you how I created this lavish display! Years ago I had a chance to buy these beautiful 6′ magnolia garlands for $9.95 each. I bought ten of them, knowing that I would use them time and time again. As you can see, they had seen better days.

Although I would use some of the garlands in whole, I also cut some of them apart. I used floral wire and floral tape to put longer stems on the leaves and gathered some of them into ‘bouquets’ of magnolia leaves. 

Some of the taped leaves got longer stems on them and little loops. I will show you what I did with those! 

Use Command hooks as shown to hold garlands on the mantel, or to hold pieces you want trailing over the edge of your mantel. 

I selected this sign for the center of my display, but wanted it to sit a little higher than right down on the mantel. A pair of styrofoam blocks did the trick. Use styrofoam, wood cubes or overturned cups or bowls to raise items to the level you would like for your display.

After placing my sign, I began adding garlands, the first ones hanging over the ends of my mantel.

The next step was to place my candle holders. Some of my candle holders came from a local closing Old Time Pottery. Others were painted gold, so I painted them. Nestle the candles among the garlands, making sure they sit level.

After all of the magnolia garlands were added it was time to add three large resin pumpkins. These beauties came from Michael’s.

The majority of the pumpkins were these medium size. These are a variety of real pumpkins, fabric pumpkins and a few artificial pumpkins. I simply began filling in the space between the three large pumpkins to get the full and lush look I wanted. 

Some of the small pumpkins I bought came on sticks. Those that didn't, like these, I added skewers to them. 

Having a skewer on the small pumpkins made it easy to tuck them into the magnolia garlands and around the larger pumpkins. If I had just tucked them up there, they were likely to just fall down on the hearth.  

Here is the result of adding the smallest pumpkins to the magnolia garlands. 

I hope this inspires you to decorate your mantel, or a sideboard, or even above your kitchen cupboards to celebrate Fall. Thank you for stopping by. You can see more of my projects here

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Chloe Crabtree