Elegant Witch Hat Wreath

$3

I finally found a Witch Hat shaped wreath frame and had fun using grey black and white to make what I hope is an elegant wreath! The best part was having most of the supplies in my stash !

Step 1: Gather Your Supplies

I found my wreath frame at Dollar Tree. I've also seen these done by deconstructing existing designs in the same shape ( eg stripping what's already on there down to the frame).

Frame, Deco Mesh, Ribbon, Mini Ornaments
Step 2: Wrap Top of Frame

I had some ultra suede type fabric in my stash which I cut into strips measuring about 5 inches wide by 48 inches long. You can use Deco Mesh or Tulle or other fabric as long as it's not too thick or too stiff.

Start in one corner and wrap to the top
Step 3: Start At One Corner and Wrap

I anchored my fabric at the bottom right corner where the brim and top of the hat come together. Knot and secure in place with hot glue.

Step 4: Continue Wrapping

When you reach the end of your first strip, glue second strip and continue wrapping. Secure final end with hot glue and tuck in ends as needed.

Step 5: The Brim

Once your frame is fully wrapped, it's time to do the brim. I used black and white check Deco Mesh I found on the same Dollar Tree trip, along with some grey I already had on hand and strips of organza, also on hand.

Step 6: Create Clusters

Cut your Deco Mesh and organza in the same size strips (mine measured 15 inches in length). Starting with one of the short ends of each strip "pinch and gather" kind of pleating from bottom to top. Deco Mesh is slippery but you're not trying to get exact pleats.

NOTE: When you have one of each of the materials you're using ( in this picture I'd run out of organza so I ended up with two clusters of just Deco Mesh. Tie together with pipe cleaner.

Step 7: Attach Deco Mesh Bundles to Frame

I ended up with 10 bundles of Deco Mesh and using the ends of the pipe cleaners that tied each together, attach to frame until the brim is filled in.

Step 8: Embellish

Once my brim was filled in, I finished with a bow ( using ribbon I had on hand) and a cluster of mini ornaments.

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Carol

• Katherine Howard Jones
    Katherine Howard Jones

I found a black and silver "Santa Hat with velvet rim. I can use that for shame and decorate Halloween things on rim. Still be able to wear it at Christmas by removing the Halloween decorations.

• Jeanne
    Jeanne

I've made several of the hats(witch & scarecrow) using the DT tinsel witch hats. But I really the like the materials and the color combination you used. It really

is, as you said,an "elegant" wreath.