Copper Gilded Pumpkins

$20

I have really fallen in love with copper this fall and I was thrilled to try my hand at giving my white pumpkins some copper 'touches' this season. I simply added a little 'copper kiss' to each pumpkin using copper foil and gilding adhesive!

Choose the Perfect Pumpkins!

I chose white pumpkins because I felt they would make the copper pop!

Add the Adhesive

Using and old paint brush, just begin 'painting' on the adhesive. Don't overthink this part! I just chose to go for a very uneven 'kissed' look!

Allow Adhesive to "Dry"

It is important to let this particular adhesive 'dry' for 15-30 minutes before applying the gilding. This will allow the adhesive to move from 'wet' to ' tacky.' In order for you to easily work with the copper foil sheets, the adhesive needs to be tacky and not wet.

Apply the Copper Gilding

This is the easy part! Simply add sections of the copper foil onto your pumpkins. It will be messy!

Add Pressure

You will need to add a bit of pressure to your copper and you will need to smooth it out. I simply used the tissue that separated the copper foil to do this.

Brush Off the Excess

I took an old brush and simply dusted off the extra pieces of gilding foil. I would suggest doing this step outside or over the trashcan! It can be messy.

Style Your New Pumpkins

This was the best part! These 'copper kissed' pumpkins were so much fun to make and best of all - they were very easy to style! I simply placed them on our bookshelves with some vintage items in similar colors for fall!

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Emily Baker

• Melinda Record
    Melinda Record

Very classy! Your pumpkin decorating technique is unique and adds an elegant, yet rustic Fall look to these otherwise ordinary white pumpkins. These will be so pretty on display from Halloween to Thanksgiving ~ absolutely love this look you've created!

Thank you for sharing AND inspiring!!

• Emily Baker
      Emily Baker

Oh my word - I am so honored to read this. Thank You. I am new to Hometalk and this makes me feel right at home with so many other talented people. Thanks so much for taking a moment to read!

• Anjelykuh.aryzoula.67
    Anjelykuh.aryzoula.67

OH MY GOD I FREAKING LOVE THIS SO SO MUCH!!!...THEY ARE BEYOND BEAUTIFUL AND THE STYLING OF YOUR SHELVES DISPLAYING THEM IS JUST PERFECT!!!