Asked on Sep 24, 2020

Glaze concrete?

Becky at Flipping the FlipSueApril
+5

• You can use a product called Glaze 'N Seal. It's available at home improvement stores.

• Vimarhonor

Hello. Can you tell us more about your project and what you’re hoping to seal? Is it a driveway or concrete statue, bench, planter or some other item. More information might get the best solutions to your question.

• Cheryl A
  • We painted our concrete patio and we didn't use a glaze or sealer and it's held up really well. We didn't add it because we didn't want it to be slick when walking on it. Of course if you're doing a different kind of project, that won't be an issue.

• Recreated Designs

Hi Sue, are you looking to glaze a craft project made from concrete or something like a driveway/garage floor?

• April

I've seen garage floor paint kits at nationwide home improvement stores. If I wanted a glazed look on something not a floor, I might just use one of those kits, omitting the included non-slip pieces. Wish I knew about glazes, hope that helps!

• Sue

Perfect. Thank you

• It depends on where this concrete is located and its use. If it’s a floor, it’ll be too slippery and dangerous glazed. If it’s a counter or something not walked on, there are concrete sealers available.