DIY Fresh Pumpkin Flower Vases

$3

When it's Autumn, I am thrilled to be able to combine fresh pumpkins and my love for colorful flowers. This Pumpkin Flower Vase tutorial will show you how I absolutely love having flowers in my home for Fall. The perfect transition from summer to Fall.

You can use any color of pumpkin. Or you could try gourds in different shapes.

I love doing a fresh pumpkin flower vase using the large pumpkins that are sold for front porches.

These big orange pumpkin flower vases are perfect for a dramatic and festive statement on your dining room table. Or in an entry way.

If you're weather is nice outside, consider putting a fresh pumpkin flower vase on your porch to welcome guests.

Materials
  • Fresh pumpkin
  • Paring or carving knife
  • Spoon
  • Fresh water
  • Selection of cut flowers and greenery
Prepare the Pumpkin
  • First, wash the surface of the pumpkin. Use soapy water and gently get off any dirt or debris with your hands or a soft brush. Pat dry with a towel.
  • If the pumpkin wobbles while it is placed on a table, you will want to level it. Slice a small bit off the bottom of whatever side is not level (be sure not to cut too deep!) so that it sits flat on a surface.
  • Carefully carve out a small, round opening at the top of the pumpkin using a sharp knife. The hole can be as small or as large as you'd like. Always aim the sharp side of the knife away from you as you cut into the pumpkin top.
Remove Seeds
  • Scoop out the pumpkin flesh and seeds from the inside. Spoon as much liquid, flesh and debris out as possible. Rinse out the inside with running water to remove as much as possible.
Add Greenery
  • Next, fill the pumpkin about halfway with water.
  • Add in greenery if you’d like to use any. Think of tree branches, shrubbery, pine needles and more evergreen plants.
Add Flowers
  • Now add your flowers. Add the tallest flowers in the center. Then fill in the outside of the flower arrangement with shorter ones. Add as many flowers and greenery as you'd like until the flower arrangement if as full as you want.
Video

See my video above for more inspiration.

I'd LOVE if you subscribed to my YouTube channel!

More Fall DIY Ideas

See how to make naturally scented cinnamon pinecones.

And here's a great recipe for pumpkin spice potpourri!

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Kimberly Button

• Necee Marie
    Necee Marie

Great idea! Very cute 😊

• Dmotan
    Dmotan

Go to Dollar Tree and get fake pumpkins and they will last forever. You can paint them or whatever you like. Once you smell a rotted pumpkin you won't want to do it again.