DIY Wood Block Pumpkins

$3

You can make cute pumpkins out of all kinds of things. I made mine using blocks of wood.

I had a box full of wood corbels I bought at a yard sale and they had been sitting on a shelf in the workshop for a long time. Project ideas just wouldn't come. Then I hit on the idea of using them to make square pumpkins.

I asked my 9 year old granddaughter how she liked my pumpkins and she commented that pumpkins aren't square.

I told her when you DIY anything is possible.

Gather Project Supplies

For this project you will need wood corbels or similar pieces of wood, acrylic paint colors orange and white, and small paint brushes.

Paint The Wood Corbels

Brush on two coats of paint. Find branches to make stems and pieces of ribbon for decorating.

Glue Stems To Pumpkins

Use a strong adhesive and glue stem pieces to one side of the corbel pumpkins for stems.

Add Decorative Detail

Once the glue dries on the "stems" tie decorative ribbon or strips of burlap around the stems.

Sit the pumpkins on your mantel, bookshelf, or wherever and enjoy. Find more of my Fall DIY Projects here.....Fall DIY.

31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Kathy Owen | Petticoat Junktion

• Carol
    Carol

I love these!

• Linda Abate
    Linda Abate

These pumpkins are so adorable. Would be a great way to decorate a fireplace mantle. LOVE IT.

• Kevin
      Kevin

agree they would make a cool garland.