$0 Laundry Room Update

$0

My laundry room was just one of those rooms that was BLAH, ya know?

So during the COVID19 pandemic, I challenged myself to use supplies I have on hand to do some little updates. This cost me $0 as I used things I’ve already got. But if you’re starting from scratch- you’ll need a small can of paint, a gold paint pen, and a yardstick. This should be less than $20 for you.

So let’s see the before, shall we?

Blah. Boring. Sad.

I had some paint left over from my oldest son's room and thought this was the perfect place for it.

I painted the main wall with Behr Rainforest, touched up the white paint on the other walls, and then pulled out my gold paint pen and went to town.

I measured 6 inches between each horizontal row and then in my garage found a scrap piece of 12 inch wood that I used to measure out the spaces between each diagonal line. And then just alternated direction by row.

I also spray painted the cabinet handles and refreshed the white paint on the cabinet doors.

I handmade the sign with a thrifted wood piece and the tiniest sharpie because that’s what I had on hand and it took foreverrrrrrr. But it turned out okay, haha.

One day I’ll also update my 10 year old washer and dryer but they still work just fine, so no pretty ones for me yet.

I hope this inspired you to use up some leftover paint and whatever scraps you can find laying around!

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving