DIY Container Planters

$5

I am so in love with my container flowers , who doesn’t love flowers. Gardening is so relaxing and enjoyable.

I really wanted colorful plants that just screams….summer and something that would pop against my white railing.

Using recycled treated wood from an old deck i put together different sizes of wood planters. Some planters were made with recycled plastic containers I drilled the bottom to aid for drainage . Check out my DIY planter for full details on how you can make your own wood planters.

Lets get into it and make a planter box 🙂

First I made a cut list and made all my cuts using a miter saw (you can use a hand saw). The wood used on this planter box were 1 X 4 treated wood and I cut 12 pieces measuring 15 inches long and for the legs of the planter I used 4 -2X2 measuring 18 inches long . Placing four (4) pieces together on a flat surface then using small scrap of wood to attach all pieces together, I used my nailgun to nail down the wood.

Put everything together

Once you are done with the 4 sides you are ready to put everything together. Starting with the two side, attach them together then align the legs on both side. The leg acts as an anchor for both sides, so its important to make sure that they are aligned straight.

Paint colour of choice

Do the same for the remaining 3 sides until you are done, then paint with a color of your choice. All planters were painted with Behr base exterior white paint.

3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Illuminatedhut

• Betty Rogers Phillips
    Betty Rogers Phillips

Is the plant itself in a plastic container inside the planter box?

• Illuminatedhut
      Illuminatedhut

There is no containers inside of these planters. I used landscaping fabric and filled it with dirt. The wood will not rot as it is treated wood 😊

• Sheryll S
    Sheryll S

I missed/don't understand how you did the bottom of your planter. Will you show me?