Say Thank You With an Easy Beaded Star

$5

I bet you know someone who’s gone that extra mile. That superstar who deserves a special homemade gift to thank them for all they've done. Something like this easy to make beaded star.

Not only is the star a gift from the heart, it also makes a lovely addition to a gallery wall and will always remind the recipient how special they are.

To make the beaded star you'll need:

• 50 Large wooden beads
  • 10 Small wooden beads
  • Wire cutters
  • 12 gauge jewelry wire

When I first  started making wire art, the gauge was always so confusing. I could never understand why thick wire had a lower gauge than thin wire. It sounded all backwards  But there's simple explanation. The thickness, or gauge of wire, is measured in fractions of an inch. So 12 gauge wire is actually 1/12″ thick.  Somewhere along the line, the ‘1/’ bit got dropped.

To make the beaded star thread five large beads onto the jewelry wire, followed by one small bead. This forms one side of a point of the star. Continue adding the beads until you have nine “groups” consisting of five large beads and one small bead.

Finish off by adding five more large beads.

Bend the string of beads at the points where there’s a small bead to form a zig zag as shown below.

Bring the wire ends together .........

...... and join the ends together to form the star. It's that easy. Add a "thank you" tag and you're all done.

You can use the same star making technique to create this large Scandi star wreath form or you can use smaller beads to make star ornaments for Christmas. Either way, the beaded star is a lovely gift and decor idea for that special someone (even if that special someone is YOU  ).

25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Michelle Leslie

• Barbara
    Barbara

I like the beaded star, but I really like that little wooden mushroom sculpture. Where did you get it?

• Katen
    Katen

Where did you find find the kindness plaque. Lately seems the world needs this.

• Diane
    Diane

Great idea....but how did you keep the ends together once you brought them in to make the star?

• Michelle Leslie
      Michelle Leslie

Thanks Diane, and my apologies, I didn't make it clear in the post but you simply twist the wire together to join. I'm hoping this picture shows the join a little better. It's at the very top of the star.