DIY Melted Crayon Pumpkin

$25

Halloween is just around the corner! Can you believe it?! I love decorating for Halloween, and I have been busy getting my craft on in preparation for the spooky season. Crayon art is big right now, and I think it is so fun. I have been wanting to try it for quite awhile now, but since I don’t have any canvases at home, I needed something else to work with. Enter the craft pumpkin! Hop over to my blog to read about the problems that I encountered, and how I solved them, so you can avoid the same issues yourself! Here's the basic step-by-step, though.
Prepare Crayons
First, you want to choose the crayon colors that you want to use on your pumpkin. Since this was for Halloween, I decided to use mostly black/gray, orange, and purple with some green thrown in.
Unwrap all of the crayons and cut about 1/3 – 1/2 of the ends off.
Glue
Put a glob of hot glue down on the top of the pumpkin, and let it cool for just a few seconds. Then, place the crayon on the glue. If you try to attach the crayon while the glue is too hot, it will melt and not stick. But don’t wait too long, or the glue will harden. I promise it won’t take you too long to get the hang of the timing. (If the glue does harden and you don’t get the crayon to stick, just peel the glue off of the pumpkin and try again.)
Melt the Crayons
Once all of the crayons have been glued, turn the hair dryer on high speed and high heat. You’ll want to hold the hair dryer fairly close to the crayons to get them to melt. Also, point the hair dryer at different angles towards the crayons in order to get the melted wax to spread more.
Be sure you have a drop cloth underneath the pumpkin, as the wax will drip and splatter quite a bit.If some of the crayons fall off as they are melting, just pick them up and place them back on the pumpkin. 
Let Dry
Once all of the crayons are melted, let the wax set, and you’re done!
What do you think? Have you ever tried making a melted crayon pumpkin? Or any other type of crayon art?

30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Amy | Health, Home, and Heart

• Mro164
    Mro164

Just wondering...as long as there’s no metal in anything, could you microwave in short bursts instead of using a hair dryer?

• Sarah
    Sarah

Could you use a real pumpkin? Maybe the crayon wouldn't stick as well?

• I would think you could, although I haven't tried it. You could always try it out on a mini pumpkin first to see if the crayon would stick. Let me know if you do try it!