How to Make a Wood Spoon Rack

$3

I have always wanted a cute primitive wood spoon rack but didn't have the budget to buy one. So of course I thought why not make one! I found a cute old wood cutting board at the thrift store and knew that it would be perfect for this project.

Step One Measure and Make a Cut line

First I measured exactly where I wanted to make the cut and decided that 5 inches down looked the best. This will depend on the size of your cutting board and what you prefer visually. I measured and drew a cut line as a guide.

Step Two make the cut with a hand saw or table saw.

I cut the board on the cut line and then I made sure it would look the way I wanted before I predrilled the holes to screw them together. Measure where you want to make the holes on the back and predrill them. This will make it easier for the screws to go in.

Step Three Screw the two boards together

Next make sure you hold the two boards together ( I held them while my husband attached them with screws) when you screw them together. It helps to have two people for this.

Step Four drill your hole for your spoons

Finally I measured where I wanted the holes for the wood spoons and determined how many I wanted. This will be a personal preference depending on what you want visually. I decided two holes in each row with having three rows would look the best. We measured in equally on each row and made sure they were equal distance apart in each row. I measured the spoon to see which drill bit would work and then tested it on a spare piece of wood to make sure. I determined the biggest drill bit was perfect. Make sure that you watch out for the screws when you are drilling the holes.

Step 5 Finished product

After the holes are drilled put the spoons in and enjoy how cute it is! I love using a cutting board because it already has a hole to hang!

4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Amy Grassinger