Epoxy Photo/card Stand

$20

My grandfather taught me that you never throw out a good piece of wood.

I had a few small pieces of wood left from my phone stand and I decided to transform them into a card stand.

This is the glorious wood I found, I believe it is olive tree, not sure.

Preparing the container

I built a container for the small piece of wood I had, using a milk container and a corrugated plastic sheeting glued to the bottom.

Before placing the wood inside, I covered it with white glue. Adding a thick layer of glue helps to keep the wood in its great condition and prevent air bubbles from appearing when the epoxy is curing around the wood.

Then I went to mix my 1:2 epoxy. I had a hard time picking a pigment from my fresh Stardust Micas' delivery. All the pigments are SO GOOD.

Mixing Epoxy

I decided on royal blue and light blue. The greatest things about the mentioned pigments is that you only need a pinch.

Then, I poured the mixed epoxy on top of the wood and made sure it was covered.

Then, I let it cure for 28 hours.

Cutting

Using a Makita jigsaw I trimmed the edges. And with the Makita Router I made round edges to make it with soft style. I replaced the bit head to a square one and made a line in the middle.

Sanding

Using an orbital sander with different pads I sanded it up. The last pad is a pad my mom knitted me, it is made out of wool and it makes the best pad for polish. Once it was polished, I add wood oil on top of it and waited for about 2 hours for the wood to absorb all the oil. After that, I removed all the excessive oil using a paper towel.

I recorded part of the process on my Instagram channel, and was DMed by someone asking if he could purchase it as a birthday gift for his significant other.

Obviously I said yes, and wrapped it up before posting it in the mail.

The finished product, before sending it away.

3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants