DIY Pot Rack

$20

While scrolling Instagram, various times I have come across Devol’s beautiful kitchens. The rich colors and design draw me in every 👏 single 👏 time 👏! The price of someone coming to my home and recreating this look, for me, is the equivalent of a cross to Dracula- REPULSIVE!!! There is no way I would ever pay those high dollar design/material fees! 😩... Nonetheless I still tease myself by drooling-I mean scrolling through their wonderful work.... My recent favorite was a kitchen with a brass pot rack over gorgeous green tiles. The contrast was eye-catching and fantastic. Though I saved the photo for inspiration, for whatever reason, it never occurred to me to recreate the pot rack. Then one day I had an epiphany of how to recreate this look using supplies that I already had on hand (I can already hear the cheers from fellow “cheapskates”!- you are my people!!!). Here is how I did it!

The Inspiration

Isn’t it beautiful?! I could just stare at this picture all day!

The Inspiration

What you will need
  • Curtain rod and mounting hardware
  • S hooks
What you will need
  • Spray paint (I used Rustoleum’s Metallic Finish in the color Gold )

****Invest in one of these spray paint nozzles. It will save your hands if you plan to do any spray painting projects (ask me how I know!😩)!****

After cleaning the dust off of my items (I have had these in “The Stash” for a very long time), I gave them 3 solid coats of paint.

I could hardly contain my excitement to get this up on the rich green shiplap wall in my kitchen. (Don’t be impatient like me... allow the items to cure for a time after they have dried!)

My idea was starting to take shape! Eeeek! 😆

Later that day (like 5 minutes after taking the previous clip! Did I mention that I am impatient?! 🤦🏾‍♀️) I gently (because... impatient) placed my pans on the rack. Now... If I had the gorgeous copper pans from the inspiration pic, this would look that much better... but I am using what I have, and I feel these work just fine... (for now... because you already know I am looking into high temperature copper-colored paint for the exterior of the pans!!!)

I have also placed my lids above the rod. I am honestly not sure how I feel about this particular look but... mehhh... it works for now!

Dupe....DONE!!! 🤗

18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen