Dead Flower Halloween Wreath

$9

I love all things spooky and haunting for Halloween. Decorations (Even though ragged looking for Halloween) can be expensive. So I used some goodwill and dollar tree materials to make my own hauntingly beautiful wreath for my front door.

Prep flowers for their makeover

I got a bundle of artificial flowers at goodwill for $5. But as you can see these bright flowers aren’t gonna fly for my haunted Halloween vibe.

I just laid out plastic in my lawn to guard the grass from the next step.

Paint the flowers

This cheap spray paint was 97 cents at Menards. All I needed was black didn’t really matter what finish.

Spray

Spray in various directions and flip frequently then give whatever the can says for dry time.

Prep the wreath form.

I wrapped the green form in black crepe paper to avoid the green showing through my flowers.

The form is from dollar tree as well as the crepe paper.

Add a bow

The rag is from, you guessed it, dollar tree. I added a ratty bow for affect.

Stick in flowers.

Now that I have dead looking flowers, I am ready to make them into a wreath.

I also sprayed them with “frosted glass” to make them look dusty.

Cut the flowers

Scissors are pictured here but I actually used wire snips.

cut the flowers leaving about an inch of wire stem to stick in to the wreath form.

Design and finish!

Stick the flowers in as you please! I started out very random and moved things around to adjust the way I liked it.

you can also interchange flowers and stems and leaves. So don’t be discouraged if things start falling apart! Just stick it on a new stem (you’ll have lots of leftover stems.

I love it! I think after Halloween I’ll just remove the bow and keep it up! We’ll see!

30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas

• Morticia would be so pleased!!

• Amanda
      Amanda

Oh this comment made my spooky heart so happy!

• Amanda Peterson
    Amanda Peterson

This is a very cool idea! Now I know what to do with all the extra 4th of July flowers that I bought dirt cheap. Also-your idea of using the frosted glass spray paint was genius! Thanks for the inspiration!

Happy Haunting 🧛‍♀️