Grass Wreath for Fall - So Quick and Easy to Make

$7

Made in minutues, grass wreaths are a beautiful way of decorating your home in autumn. You won’t believe how easy it is to make stunning farmhouse style grass wreaths with natural dried meadow grass! The best bit is, that grass is FREE and abundant during Fall! I created this step-by-step tutorial to show you how simple and easy it is for anyone to DIY beautiful home décor for (almost) FREE!

Materials needed to make grass wreaths

You will need some grass which has flowered. Either one type or a selection of various grasses.

Wreath base – I used a straw base but you could also use a metal base.

Florist’s wire – for binding

Wire cutters or scissors

Natural brown string.

Attach the florist’s wire to the wreath base

Wrap the end of the florist’s wire around the wreath and twist to secure.

Attach a grass bundle to the wreath

Place the grass stems onto the front of the wreath and wrap the wire around to secure them to the wreath.

Overlap the next bundle

Place the next bunch of stems slightly lower down from the first bunch.

Continue to do this with each bunch of grass, making sure to overlap a little as you go.

Cut the stems

Cut the stems close to the wreath so they don't stick out.

Cutting the wire

Turn the grass wreath over. Now, cut the wire and tuck the end underneath some of the wire bindings and twist to secure.

I made a small loop for hanging the wreath before cutting the wire. You could also just just a wreath hanger or some ribbon for this.

Hang your wreath

I measured how low down I wanted my grass wreath to hang and cut the appropriate amount of brown string. Then I just tied the string to the wire loop and hung up my wreath over my vintage mirror! If you're interested in seeing how it looks, just come on over to read the full blog post - see below for details.

You can also watch this video tutorial on my YouTube Channel - see below for details.

WAIT!

Before you go, if you’re not part of our amazing creative community yet but would love to join us, I would love to have you stop by my blog Chalking Up Success for the full tutorial or to sign up for my latest posts, DIY, inspiring home decor, natural home recipes and more.

FREE RESOURCES

By signing up, you’ll also receive a copy of the free ‘Furniture Flip Checklist’ and gain access to all the other printables, e-books and labels in the VIP Resource Library.

CHALKING UP SUCCESS ON YOUTUBE

Subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more DIY, home decor and crafts - I can't wait to see you there!

13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Chalking Up Success

• Sharon
    Sharon

Will this 'keep' in storage for use next year?

• Chalking Up Success
      Chalking Up Success

It will Sharon! I would cover it with a bag or something to keep the dust off and store it where it won't get squashed, then it should be good to go next year. I also have a larger one of these on my front door which is holding up well to the wind and weather great so far.