Paper Mache Vase

$30

I had this sea glass vase that was screaming for a makeover.

I wanted to create an aged pottery look so I picked up a box of paper mache from Michaels. I had never worked with it before but decided it would be fun to give it a try.

This was the paper mache I picked up at Michaels. It came with instructions on different textures.

I started with 3 cups of paper mache to 1 cup of water. I kept mixing as I ran out.

I slowly applied the mixture to the glass and continued until it was all covered.

The bumpy texture was perfect!

Initially I was going to leave the top uncovered, however it looked unfinished so I added some mixture on top.

Once the vase was dry, about 24hrs, I painted the whole thing in a cream chalk paint.

Once the paint was dry, I mixed some garden lime sand with water and did a light layer of sand finish.

The sand didn’t take long to dry, and then I rubbed all the excess sand off.

I loved how it was looking already!

Next I got out my paint. I used a mixture of graphite color chalk paint and antique wax.

I randomly dabbed the paint and wax on and wiped off with a paper towel.

I couldn’t be happier with how the finished product turned out!

3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock