Easy Ruffle Throw Pillow

$2

There’s something about a new throw pillow that really makes me happy. I fell in love with the Society of Wanderers collections because of the fun patterns, colors and ruffles. I knew I could make something similar and when I saw this checkered tablecloth at a thrift store, I knew it was perfect for this project. This DIY Ruffle Throw Pillow turned out great and I’m so excited to share this tutorial with you.

Chose your fabric. I found this tablecloth at a local thrift store and love these colors.

Decide on the size of your throw pillow and cut your fabric to size. I’m starting this project by making an easy envelope pillow case cover. Instead of using three pieces of fabric, I used one long piece.

I measured the size of my pillow in the center of my fabric and then folded over the extra fabric to create an envelope for the pillow. Be sure to fold the pieces with the fabric, right side in.

Pin the fabric in place and sew along both sides of the pillow cover. I made sure to place the finished edge of the fabric down first, so it has a nice edge when turned right side out.

For the ruffles, I cut two long pieces of fabric from each side of the tablecloth. I used the sides because of edge of the fabric would already have a nice, finished edge.

I sewed the ends of the fabric together to create one piece – imagine an infinity scarf.

Line up the unfinished edge of the ruffle fabric on the edge of the pillow. Fold the fabric over the unfinished edge and pin in place. This allows you to pin the ruffles down evenly around the pillow.

When you finish sewing on the ruffles, your pillow cover should look like this.

Add your pillow and enjoy your new DIY Ruffle Throw Pillow!

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Joanie
    Joanie

I love the material too!! Your pillow turned out real pretty. You could make a table runner also?? Thanksgiving?

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom
      Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

I loved these colors and this fabric also... it's very "Thanksgiving-ish" and would make a great table runner. Thank you for the idea!