How to Make a Spooky Monster Wreath

$10

Want to add a fun wreath to your Halloween holiday decor? Here is a REALLY easy way to make a spooky monster wreath. You can also remove the eyes/teeth and re-use the wreath for other holidays, too! Read more about this project and other DIYs on my blog, CharlestonCrafted.com!

Cut tulle

Cut your roll of tulle. I cut half the strips 9" long and half 12" long, for a textured look. Cut a bunch at a time, tie them on, then cut more if you need them. How many you need will depend on how thick you make it!

Tie tulle on

Tie a simple knot to attach loop of tulle around the foam core wreath form.

Repeat

Repeat this process, squishing the loops of tulle together and lining up the knots as you go. Alternate between tulle lengths for a textured look.

Push tight

Push them tightly together to get your desired thickness. Rotate the knots so the flat part faces your door and the fluffy part faces out.

Fluff

Once complete, use your fingers to fluff up the tulle.

Create your accessories

You can Add whatever you like to the wreath to make it look like a monster.

I got eyeball ping pong balls at the dollar store. You could use googly eyes or ping pong balls you draw eyes onto!

I cut white foam into spooky teeth shapes.

Use hot glue to attach. Hot glue is great because it dries very quickly and can be pulled off once dry. I removed the eyeballs after Halloween and turned this into a Carolina Panthers football wreath!

Hang

Hang on your door. I use an over the door wreath hanger. I have used command hooks but if they fail, these foam wreath forms tend to explode into a dozen pieces which is a huge bummer!

16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Morgan McBride

• Lynette
    Lynette

How much tile did you use?

• Katen
    Katen

Since foam breaks upon impact couldn’t you use a pool noodle?

• Mary
    Mary

Yes, will try this, however 9” long and 12” long - how wide approximately?