Simple Upgrade. BIG Impact.

$80
1 Day

I have always loved this wall in my house. However, sometimes you just have the desire for change.

I wanted to do something to this wall that would be Impactful but also didn’t want to spend days wrapped up in an upgrade. So, I decided to frame the preexisting squares.

Follow alone with me as I show you how much this simple upgrade changed the look of this Space.

The before
Tools and materials needed
  • paint in the color “black”
  • paint brush and roller
  • Decorative trim (for my space I used about 80’)
  • filler

tools

• Saw
  • brad nailed
This is the moulding I used
Measure out squares

I measured out all the squares and the cut all the pieces I needed. I cut the corners at 45 degree angles.

I made sure to measure each individual space since for some reason my spaces weren’t all exactly the same.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
Time to paint

After you secure all the pieces, fill the nail holes with filler.

Allow the filler to dry, lightly sand and the paint all the wall.

After everything was painted, I still felt that my wall needed something.

I found two of those decorative wall hangings in my storage room and decided to give them some new life

I painted these black to match the wall.

Once these were dry I cantered them in the middle row of the wall. I only had two, even though there were three spaces in the middle, I figured it didn’t matter to much since once I added a bench with some pillows and plants you wouldn’t even notice the bottom one didn’t have one.

Stand back and admire your wall

I made a new bench (post on that to come) , added a blanket, pillow and some greenery.

I absolutely love this wall. I adore what the wall hangings bring to the look. The simplicity of framing the pre existing squares brings such a wow factor. Such a simple way to bring new life to this wall without putting a huge hole in your pocket or taking up days of your time.

Thank you so much for following along with me. Be sure to follow along with me on here, HOMETALK, as well as Pinterest and INSTAGRAM

Cannot wait for our next DIY together

xo

Amber

25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration

• Pash Christina Morelli
    Pash Christina Morelli

After watching the video, I thought the white moulding looked pretty cool too. Just another thought, with the white moulding, it would make a great 'picture gallery' wall. (Just for a different look). 😉

• ya, I agree with you. The white could have worked just as well to give it a completely different look. Thanks for following along. Appreciate it.

• Betty
    Betty

Very eye catching. Makes a bold statement just as you anticipated. LOVE it

• Rhonda nonny
    Rhonda nonny

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!! great job girl! can't wait to do my own, thanks for inspiring me and giving me the motive to act,.